DESCHUTES Balanced Brew, Balanced You TTW Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, NV, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI AND WY, WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. This sweepstakes begins at or after 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on January 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on February 28, 2020.
To enter via text, send a message with the word BALANCED from your handset addressed to 55755. Once you send the text message, verify your age and provide your name and state, you will be automatically entered the Sweepstakes. For additional support, text HELP to 55755 or STOP to cancel at any time. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Alternatively, you can print your name, address, date of birth and telephone number on a 3" x 5" card and mail to: DES1561377W Deschutes Balanced Brew, Balanced You First Trimester Sweepstakes Program to P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008, to be postmarked by February 21, 2020 and received by February 28, 2020. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged.
Internet access and valid e-mail address are required to enter the Sweepstakes. If utilizing the mobile version of the Website, wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply; if accessing the mobile version of the Website via link provided by reply text message, standard text messaging fees apply and user will be charged for all text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms in their individual Calling Plan with their cellular provider. In all cases, please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to enter via mobile website or to receive a link to the mobile website via text messaging service. Wireless Internet access and text messaging service are not available in all areas.
All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 28, 2020. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged by Sponsor, but any such acknowledgment is not binding other than indicating that entry has been received. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. The prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address indicated on entry form.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of a Website (or mobile Website) visitor to enter on-line; the ability of a person to receive a link to (mobile) Website via text message; or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winner. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, corrupted, jumbled, inaccessible, incomplete, incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
2.Prize : ONE (1) grand prize winner will be selected to receive ONE (1) $700 VISA gift card. TEN (10) secondary prize winners will receive a yoga mat.
Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $700.
Approximate Retail Value of the Secondary Prize is $50.
Approximate Retail Value of Total Program is $1,200.
3.Winner Determination : Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or March 3, 2020 by an independent third party judging organization ("Judges") whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail (method of notification is of Sponsor's sole determination) on or about March 3, 2020. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) within TWO (2) days of notification (or such shorter amount of time that Sponsor may designate) or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at sponsor's sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within THREE (3) days (or such shorter amount of time that Sponsor may designate at time of notification), prize will automatically be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at sponsor's sole discretion.
Winner and guests agree that an electronic signature/affirmation or facsimile version of the Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) or Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful), as applicable, shall have the same legal force and effect as a hand-signed document. Notwithstanding the foregoing, should Sponsor determine in its sole discretion that the electronically signed/affirmed/facsimile version of the Affidavit/Release or Release (for guest) is not acceptable, Sponsor may condition award of Grand Prize or accompanying winner on the Grand Prize trip on return of the actual hand-signed document.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner's consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
Prize information will be provided to winner upon proof of eligibility. Winner must furnish valid proof of age (for example, a driver's license, birth certificate or passport). An Affidavit/Release must be provided to Judges before prize can be received. No prize will be awarded unless the Affidavit/Release has been received by Judges.
4. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Deschutes Brewery, its affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor's sole discretion. (With regard to the gift card element of the Grand Prize, the preceding is subject to State laws which allow for the holder of a gift card to redeem same for its cash value, to the extent applicable). Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are winner's sole responsibility. By accepting prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. It is the winner's sole responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the major commercial airport nearest winner's residence. Winner and all guests must travel on the same itinerary. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of prize winner and his/her guests. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winner and his/her guests shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winner and/or his/her guest(s) based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of awarded prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind (including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose) regarding prize or any element thereof.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner's participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner's Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner's name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner's receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion at any time without notice or further obligation.
6. Text Message Conditions. By participating in this Sweepstakes via text message, entrants authorize Sponsor to provide their text messaging address. Sweepstakes is intended for participation in the United States only and shall be construed only according to United States law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you authorize Sponsor to communicate with you by text messaging regarding Sweepstakes participation for the duration of the Sweepstakes; Sponsor will not send other/promotional text messages to you without your prior express consent. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for SMS communications/text messages (whether sent by or to entrant) not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of SMS communications/text messages. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate SMS communication/text message information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of SMS communications/text messages in this Sweepstakes.
7. Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, online entries (including entries made on mobile Website) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for online entries (including entries made on mobile Website) not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of online entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by website visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of online entries (including entries made on mobile Website) in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING MOBILE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Winner's List: For winner's list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to DES1561377W Deschutes Balanced Brew, Balanced You First Trimester Sweepstakes Program P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. All requests for the winner's list must be postmarked by March 13, 2020 and received by March 27, 2020.
Please Drink Responsibly.
Sponsor: Deschutes Brewery